I think I finally figured out a good setup to record PC games and transfer the footage to OS X (however I’m still having a frustratingly-difficult time trying to capture console footage while recording webcam at the same time). So you can expect some videos REALLY SOON c:
HERE’S THE LINE-UP FOR MAY:
1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution [boss battle] - for testing out FRAPS I decided to use this game to test quality…and it was a bit rough, but still watchable. Deus Ex is a high-end game afterall, so I wasn’t really surprised when there was a bit of graphical chug
2. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - my friend was kind enough to lend me his copy of the special edition for Xbox 360, so I’ll be recording my first reaction to it. I’ve heard polarized reviews of this game, so I have no idea what my reaction will be
3. Demon’s Souls - this one is a long-time coming, and I cannot wait to record my initial reaction to the game. I’m sure it’ll be fun :D
4. Skyline - I’ve heard nothing but terrible things about this movie, but haven’t watched it myself, so why not get my own opinion about it?
5. Catherine (?) - I’ve already given my review for this game, so this one is a maybe
Can’t wait to be busting my editing chops again
But seriously, I do need help with the webcam problem: can anyone offer a solution to recording console footage while recording webcam? QuickTime Player absolutely refuses to work when the capture device is on and vice-versa; it says my computer does not have the right bandwidth (????). I don’t really want to have to set up a camera and record that way (the quality would stink and it’s extra work). I use the Elgato Capture Device for console footage, and the device works best on OS X.